|Liberty Lake 2012!!!|
We are 30% through our Summer Season, but have LOTS of new campers starting on Monday. Thus, I figured that it was time for an all-encompassing update to remind everyone about some important protocol that can maximize your Liberty Lake experience.
- Every Friday night, we post the estimated Bus Times for the next week on the Transportation page of our website- http://www.libertylakedaycamp.com/content/transportation
- Also, and this is a little confusing, we post the next-next weeks electives each weekend- Let met explain. This past week (Week 2), we finalized the scheduling for next week (Week 3), and right now you can check out the Week 4 elective sheet, and then log into your CampMinder account, go to “Forms & Documents,” choose “Top 10 List” and update your selections for Week 4. The elective sheet currently taking selections is always posted on the Freedom of Choice pate of our website: http://www.libertylakedaycamp.com/content/camp-program
Cool Electives you should sign up for:
- Fitness & Nutrition - Pro Trainer Anna combines Cardio Kickboxing, Water Aerobics and more
- Balloon Art, Cartooning, Drawing/Painting, Multi-Medium, Sculpture- At LLLDC we have a great little Art Department that is generally underappreciated by the campers- Have them give it a try!
- Rock Out- The Renaissance Man himself, John Williams runs an elective in which kids throw rocks at a target range, skip rocks, paint rocks etc. Now available for Freshmen
- Videography - We are lucky to have a professional filmmaker on staff, with a great new indoor facility.
- Liberty Spa is alternating weeks with Face Painting
- Twilight/Hunger Games is alternating weeks with Movie Magic (stage make-up)
- Green Team - We have a world-class garden and greenhouse, a composter, and a crack staff dedicated to the environment- Kids get their hands dirty, and love it.
- Liberty News - The 1st edition of the Newsletter came out on Friday (will be posted shortly), and it was amazing. The talented Jarrett and campers will be creating a “Rolling Stone” magazine for distribution week 4.
- Drums, Guitar, Jam Session, Ra p- The Liberty Lake Music Department is simply amazing. Ray, Big Chris, and Mike & Mike from the School of Rock have kids drumming, strumming, rapping and performing like you wouldn’t believe- Try new things!
- Into the Woods - Next week is the last chance to be a part of the big musical production this summer. April has a great team, including Tara-Anne, a professional talent agent!
CampMinder online Photo Album- Besides logging in to change your electives, we encourage you to log in to view the many, many pictures we are taking each day of your beautiful children- compiled in our online, password protected photo album.
TEXTCASTER: Two weeks ago, our afternoon Homecoming Parade and Friday Assembly ran about 20 minutes late, making all of our buses 20-30 minutes late. Those parents who had signed their cell phones up through our “TextCaster” emergency notification system were extremely grateful- Thus I encourage you all to take ONE MINUTE and sign up your cell phone for it. ***IMPORTANT*** It turns out that you have to do this EVERY SUMMER- So even if you did it in prior seasons, please do it again- We will NOT use this service for anything besides an important notification that has to do with your kids: http://my.textcaster.com/asa/Default.aspx?ID=55c11cbb-e166-4c6b-a18e-511a528d4d7e
The above link, and many others are located in the “Parent Portal” in the SummerZone section of our website. Also there are the links for the WebCam- Just choose “single” after clicking the link.- plus the INTERACTIVE SPIRIT CALENDAR (tells you what the special events actually are, and how to prepare) and INTERACTIVE MENU (including carb counts and ingredients).
While we have had a few campers end their summer season with us already, hundreds of campers have already extended their stays with us. Couple that with the biggest/latest registration in the history of Liberty Lake (over 100 campers in June), and a majority of our groups are now filled up for many of the remaining weeks. So, IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING EXTENDING YOUR STAY, CALL THE LLDC OFFICE, OR EMAIL US ASAP- AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS AVAILABLE!
Due to our attention being focused on the late registrations, we had to cancel our “Sunday Camp” idea for this Summer- We will do it in 2013.
Save the Date for Family Night- Thursday, August 2, 5:30pm – “Into the Woods (5pm),” 5-Year Jackets, 10-Year Plaques, Zip Line for Parents, Boating, Fishing, Mini-Golf, Ga-Ga, Hulla and the big Barbecue spread.
Communication Contacts: Our main catch-all is firstname.lastname@example.org, but we also have bus@, nurse@, swim@, and every director and division leader’s first name@. BUT- For things like early pick-ups from Camp, cancellations, etc- PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE, as Emails are great, but not perfect.
Lastly, below are the addresses in which parents/campers can can write letters if you wish to join our fight to get the DEP and local township to address our stormwater issues related to the proposed warehouse project. We have a few days (July 11) to submit comments related to the 6/26 hearing.
Comments should be submitted to:
WQM Program Docket
Watershed Management Program
Division of Coastal and Land Use Planning Mail Code 401-07C
P O Box 420
Trenton, NJ 08625-0420
A copy of the comments should be sent to:
Mr. Timothy Staszewski
Remington and Vernick Engineers
232 Kings Highway East
Haddonfield, NJ 08033-3899
A quick not on my Justin’s progress in his fight against leukemia- His chemo treatments have intensified, and the next 8 week will continue with a week in the hospital, and a week recovering at home. While he’s hoping to make it to camp for a limited time, we have to proceed with caution, as his immune system is pretty weak. Updates at www.justinsanity.org
As always, if you have any
questions, please either reply to this Email, or give us a call.
Andy Pritikin, Owner/Director
Liberty Lake Day Camp